Pages

Sunday, March 05, 2006

KELLY CLARKSON

KC. Glad I didn't know she's the original American Idol when I first catch her so I'm sure it wasn't at all reality show hype that got me. She got distinct voice and lyric that personally touched me. Of course, she also got fresh appearance. She's so appealing in the cover of 'Thankful' that I have to admit it just like drove me to pick the CD.

'Thankful' is irregular to me. At early listenings I instinctively linger on rock based 'Low', 'Just Missed The Train', & 'Beautiful Disaster' for quite while. Much later on I got into 'What's Up Lonely', 'Somekind Of Miracle', 'The Trouble With Love Is', 'Thankful', & 'A Moment Like This' in favor of their lyrics & pop/hiphop base. Generally, I love her voice in any song.

I got into 'Breakaway' early from 'Princess Diary 2' soundtrack & also knew early about the song being cowritten by Avril Lavigne, I was deep into Av's songs back then. I was a little surprise about the album because I was so into the song's innocent-getting-away theme. The album sounds broken-and-hurt. It's cool & rocking but the theme is too similar to Av's 'Under My Skin' which I've started to grow a little tired of. It could use more positive vibe. Later on I learned to appreciate it as a kind of a reflection from KC's life stage and it's okay. I just linger to the energy of the music from 'Since U Been Gone', the raw rocking beat of 'Behind These Hazel Eyes', the questioning 'Where Is Your Heart', the hit power of 'Because Of You', & the cool piano-vocal live version of 'Beautiful Disaster'. She's awesome no matter what she sings.

NEWS:
>08/02/2006:Won two Grammy! Pop Vocal Album 'Breakaway' & Female Pop Vocal Performance 'Since U Been Gone'. Great 'Because Of You' live performance with young band, I think it's Kennedy on the keys.

FACTS:
>BREAKAWAY:Cowriters are Avril Lavigne (Breakaway), Former Evanescence's Ben Moody plus former Evanescence's now Trading Yesterday's David Hodges plus Trading Yesterday's Mark Colbert (Because Of You, Addicted).
>BECAUSE OF YOU:In the video, the little girl is Kennedy who is the daughter of KC's band member. Info from IMDb Message Board.

WALLPAPER:
>Kelly Source.com - Temp Gallery!:Image hosting by Photobucket

LINKS:

3 comments:

Andrian said...

Ruud, gue kok jadinya suka ama si Klakson ini setelah 'Because of You', dulunya gak ngeh2 amat sih.

Rudi Pg said...

Yah...
Mirip kasus 'I'm With You' Av.
Bukan begitu?

Andrian said...

Yeah, kurang lebih sih...